Sunday, January 29, 2006

Digital Buddhist


Nowadays we are all connected 24 hours a day. Being a group CIO, I contribute heavilly to the ever expanding exchange of information and the inter-linking of value chains. Our world evolves rapidely. Change after change, at a faster and faster pace. Computers and informatics are the core of many businesses and are becoming a real part of our personal on demand lives. Our children grow up nowadays having eight MSN sessions open, e-mailing their friends next door, exchaning kudo's on-line, having a telephone conversation while listening to their I-pod all at the same time. Believe me, this is just the beginning. We haven't got the faintest clue how our world looks like in twenty years. It will be an interesting period to come because we haven't seen nothing yet :-))

6 comments:

Zee said...

Your right Dimitri, "we haven't seen nothing yet..."
With "blue tooth" technology it would indeed be easy to create a wireles continues connection for every individual who wants it. With all the piercing and body alterations going on, I wouldn't be supprised that someone comes up soon with a small receiver built right into your skull. Then you will see people walking down the streets with empty expressions in their eyes, moving their lips and mubling something to somebody who might do the same hafway across the globe. I predict that humans being "wired" is just around the corner. Not a very appealing thought...

Fouad said...

I agree with zee. The thought of what's coming our way is quite troubling. The world of the Matrix doesn't seem that unreal anymore. In fact, what we call and have called progress might very well be the very path to our downfall...

Dem Soldier said...

I too agree with U too, for the next 20 or so years, the changing world will be an amazing one to witness........

Madcap said...

You're bringing out my inner Luddite... that picture makes me want to run away screaming! I'll take my enlightenment unplugged, thanks.

lindsaylobe said...

I am an optimist and I think the next generation will be savvier that than the present generation X /Y or whatever you call them. To days young people will be far more productive and enterprising as a new golden age emerges ….no I have not been drinking and I’m not intoxicated by that ppppppicture ,,,,,,just a certain naivety in optimisticism creeping over me in my 60th year !!

DA said...

Blue tooth and rfid will be hyping next years Zee. We allready have people over here with a rfid tag implanted under their skin..

I don't think a downfall will be the right scenario Fouad. I think it brings a lot of benefits as well in the medical world for example..

Happy birthday Susie. Surrounded by party animals right now??

Amazing it will be Dem Soldiet. Thx for visiting..

You're allready a great example of the world wide connection Madcap by attrackting so many visitors to your blog..

I sometimes feel like a machine after a lomg net on the internet Lorraine:-)

I am totally with you Lindsay. Lets go for the new golden age..