Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Bless this hunk of steel..

.
.
Every night I lie in bed,
with this little prayer inside my head.
.
God bless all those I hold so dear,
and keep them safe thru coming year.
.
And, God, there's one thing I'd wish you'd do.
Would you bless my 'puter too?
.
Now I know that it ain't normal to bless a small machine,
but listen just a second, let me type it on your screen.
.
You see, this little metal box holds more than odds and ends.
Inside those small components rest a hundred loving friends.
.
Some, it's true, I've never seen, and most I've never met.
We've never shaken hands or even hugged, and yet...
.
I know for sure they love me, by the kindness that they give.
And this little scrap of metal is how I get to where they live.
.
By faith is how I know them so if it's ok with you.
I would love to see them back and have a deja vu.
.
Just take an extra minute while working up above...
To bless this little hunk of steel that's filled with so much love.
.
Amen.
(adapted from unknown author, DA)