Saturday, August 12, 2006

Salud Amigos!!!

The weather over here in Amsterdam is truly freaking me out. We've had a serious heatwave that now is broken by a tropical monsoun. It's really pouring cat's and dogs since last week and it ain't gonna stop soon they say.

So, intended upon escaping the heat excesses and monsouns of mainland Europe, I am headed to the Spanish Canaries for its more consistent climate. Even so, last week's hot weather in Gran Canaria also reflected the unusually high temperatures in the Spanish Peninsular as well as much of Europe.

Sin problema: a grande cervesa fria at the Maspalomas piscina will do the job just perfectly.

So, 'have to close CAFEDA for a while and I hope to see you back within a few weeks. Enjoy your holidays, I will too :-)

Salud Amigos !!!

19 comments:

Granny said...

Poor you being subjected to all that luxury.

Have a great time.

AM said...

Hey have a great time and thanks for visiting my blog.
Thought I'd let you know that I changed it today to
http://moithinkingoutloud.blogspot.com/
ex am_pm

Mary said...

Yes enjoy and have a cervesa for me. (Lord I hope that means drink or beer or something. Mi espanol es rusty.)

Belizegial said...

Bon voyage! Have a splendiferous time and enjoy those icy cold beers.

Ingrid said...

cold cervezas..hmmm and don't forget the good food that comes with it..sigh..ah, if only I could sing 'cowboy take me away'...(yes dear, what? I'm on the computer, just a second!!) adios amigo, reality is calling me..
Ingrid

Anonymous said...

Have an enjoyable holiday. Is that the pool you going to be hanging out at? Or is it a nicer one and you didn't want us to feel bad?

Fouad said...

Enjoy your time Dimitri. Take care

Gary said...

I think I am jealous dude!

enigma4ever said...

Have a wonderful holiday...and stay cool...if you can,..and drink something tall and icey....take care...

LesleyinNM said...

I am sooooooooooooooooooo jealous! It has been raining here for weeks and I am suppose to live in the desert.

Vee said...

I second gary's comment. I am definitely jealous DUDE!!

pissed off patricia said...

Stay safe, be well and have all the damn fun you can stand. See ya when you blog back. :)

Jo said...

Omigod, that looks wonderful. Have a great time, you lucky duck.

Josie

Sothis said...

Have fun--you are not missing anything here in the Low Countries. 15 C and miserable rain everyday. Have a sangria by the pool for me!

lindsaylobe said...

I have Dutch friends, who tell me their kinsfolk back home in Holland, now have installed air conditioning!! I understand it really is hotting up over there!!
Have a nice break !

Best wishes

Unknown said...

Have fun, Dimitri! Don't get arrested! Don't drink too much! Don't eat too much! Yeah, right. Just have fun.

Max and Me said...

have a most wonderful holiday...best wishes to you.

Zee said...

My jealousy index is on high alert - maybe somewhere between orange and red.
Is there such a thing as purple alert?

Eirin said...

ooooohhh.... I want to be there too!!!
In paradise...!! Instead I'm stuck here in rainy Oslo...! At least for a few more months...!

Enjoy!!!